Thursday 29 September 2016

Geographical recognition!

Living in Cornwall is wonderful...sitting on the toe sticking out into the Atlantic brings many benefits, not least the usually benign weather....
What is odd though is how many times my iPad or computer fails to be able to identify my exact location.
The weather app often tells me it's unable to find my location...occasionally I get the forecast for Madeira or somewhere I've cruised!
The really odd things come when I read the feedjit feed on my blog...
It fails miserably to identify my position most of the time.
Currently I'm located in Merthyr Tydfil. Recently though I was vaguely in the UK! As most of my readers are also there too this can lead to some confusion.
Only very rarely does it identify my position in Cornwall. So I have to wonder if the rest of the world included in the feed is accurate...
My phone and iPad have travelled with me on all my travels so I shouldn't be surprised if they are a sometimes a little confused....they are in good company with the rest of the world, and me!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Feedjit currently has me living in Potters Bar, but I travel quite extensively in the average Blog month.
It's one way to see the world without going anywhere I suppose.
As I may have remarked before Feedjit is an eedjit :-)

UKViewer said...

The BBC website persistently locates me in London, when I live in Kent, in proximity to London.

We get London TV, when we wan't South East, so have to to tune our TV to the BBC South East to get the service we need.

Bah Humbug.

Ray Barnes said...

Just for the record as of this morning I am now in London too. Perhaps we live next door to each other Ernie.