Monday 24 October 2016

Getting things fixed!

I suppose if you chose to live in an ancient farmhouse you should expect things to go wrong occasionally....
Mostly small things are easily fixed but occasionally problems are either too small or too big to get people to come out.
Before winter starts its vital to get small repairs done before they became big problems.
This is proving difficult...
This week I have people arriving to try to fix my current anxieties....
Getting plumbers, builders, painters etc is not easy in this small peninsular.
If the problem is too small they just don't want to know.
Big problems are even worse if it involves having men on your roof!
This is the week I am hopefully having roof slates replaced before the winter storms make matters worse....
The local totally reliable artisans are busy....there is no shortage of work here...
And that's the problem...the people I know and trust are also the people everyone else know to be good at their jobs....and remarkably they are all terribly busy...
Despite all this I have men arriving all week!
Tuesday looks clear but the rest of week I shall be in charge of tea making...
The local men are all used to me...and I'm used to them...but this weeks collection are comers in....the roofer is looking for a B and B close by....
It's not going to be comfortable at all.....but one thing is certain..I shall start to feel under siege.
One of my neighbours is moving out this week...parking could be a problem...and my new neighbours will arrive in the middle of it all.....
No doubt it will all be sorted out eventually...
Hopefully by the end of the week! Fingers crossed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

Since writing that this morning I went into the kitchen to find a great puddle of water on the floor.....are the building gremlins ganging up on me?

UKViewer said...

These things happen. We have an ongoing issue with our garden security lights, which keep blowing a fuse - it's easy enough to switch back on, but needs investigating. Can I find an interested electrician? Not a chance.