Monday 14 August 2017

Game playing.

I love playing games....I always have, perhaps I was deprived more than I realised growing up during the war.
When I was a young mother there was always someone to play with...wet Sundays were spent over Monopoly, card games and anything else that arrived in the Christmas stockings.
As an adult I have not found many adult game players on my wave length so finding the games on wifi were simply wonderful.
Once the children had left home I had experienced apathy mostly from other adults so I did some research...that's what I called it anyway.
I looked for games for two people...card games, Scrabble, Backgammon. I drew the line at chess....my son was much too good at that. He beat me every time.
Once in Cornwall I played often on line with old friends that I didn't meet anymore.
It kept us in touch.
I played backgammon more than most games and I realised that I was playing one player very frequently. I always beat him. Why I wondered did he keep coming back for more.
One night he appeared again and I settled down to a three game match at his request.
He finally beat me and I was then very amused,
" I did it...I finally did it....I knew I'd get you one day mum"!
It was my son I'd been playing for months without knowing it!
I miss my children keenly at times now. But I still play the games on line that I used to play with them.
You never know one day a voice from above might say the same thing ....just before I disappear into the clouds!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: