Saturday 14 October 2017

A hurricanes tail?

I am remembering the great storm...we lived in Essex at the time. Trees were uprooted , my husband couldn't get his car out, huge old trees lay across our road.
The house itself was untouched but the garden was laid waste.
We are promised another storm on Monday. The tail end of a hurricane is coming our way.
Living high on a cliff looking out to sea I am expecting the worst.
In the past winds have broken the door off the summerhouse and knocked some young trees over.
There have been days when I've been flattened against my gate. Being knocked sideways is something I've got used to, making me reluctant to leave the house in bad weather.
So this weekend I will try to get everything into safe positions. All garden furniture has to be stored in my barn.
I have trees tied into the hedge already but I shall check for any weak links.
Since moving here ten years ago I've put in about twenty five trees and even more shrubs.....
My garden has been under threat before but I can't remember a hurricane coming in our direction.
This old farmhouse has stood firm through hundreds of storms over the years....she should be alright but I do fear for her roof.
My gardener and I went to look at the roof yesterday. It looks intact, no loose tiles .....so far...
Oh dear!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

The weather forecasts this morning seem to predict high winds, but not a hurricane, although the Republic of Ireland might get the full brunt of the tail end of the Storm as will the Hebrides and Northern Isles. Wait and see perhaps.