Sunday 15 October 2017

A man on my roof!

It was Saturday yesterday and therefor not a day when I was expecting a roofer to arrive ready to work!
I had rung him during the week to come to look at the damp patch in the bathroom.
It started a couple of months ago but whilst I was away it had got much worse.
This is a young man I trust. After a different man had given me an estimated bill for work needed in the loft which totalled almost five thousand pounds this young man had looked, investigated and told me I didn't need it. It was a scam.
So naturally it was him I went back to.
He was very thorough. Up in my loft he found no sign of light, nothing could be getting through! The area over the bathroom was dry...so where had the damp come from?
He got his ladders out. There was nothing wrong with the roof. All the slates were intact...
Over a cup of tea we discussed the problem. It could only be condensation.
He wiped a hand over the dark stain. It was not wet. It was mould .
He left leaving me to wonder what to do next.
Get the ceiling painted? Try wiping it off? Always leave a window or door open up there?
As a small irritation it really doesn't matter. The main things is knowing that my roof is good and that nothing is wrong in my loft space.
I can live with a bit of mould...but it remains a bit of a mystery. Whilst I was away how had condensation arrived in my bathroom?
Any ideas?





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

None, unless there were temperature changes and a tap was dripping? Unusual but perhaps a plumber might find something different.
s
We always leave our bathroom window open (into the conservatory) as our bathroom is at the rear, ground level of our Victorian Terrace (an add on we believe). It stops condensation. And a tiled floor gets washed weekly.