Wednesday 11 October 2017

Flying cars!

An eventful day yesterday....not actually for me but the village was on the alert.
A phone call alerted me to the fact that a car had crashed just outside my house....I hadn't noticed it....but as soon as I looked out I saw it....
It was in the hedge but how it had got there was the mystery...it was actually on top of the hedge rather than in it.
I went out to look, rather worried in case anyone was still in there.
It was empty and me and a neighbour stood and discussed the possibilities of anyone getting a car aloft....was it a small airbus in disguise?
We made sure no one was trapped inside at some peril to ourselves, being out on the road is not recommended....this is more country lane...no pavements..just very thin green bits.
Vehicles roared past us and I gingerly made my way home.
There I found its picture on Facebook, complete with a slice of my house in the background.
Naturally everyone wanted more information but me and my fellow natterer knew nothing.
I was fairly sure that someone somewhere knew about it...ribbons of police tape floated in the breeze.
Later I got a visit from the pleasant local policeman. He said the people involved were unharmed....this was astonishing given that it was upside down and at least ten feet off the road. How it got there without wings is the mystery.
Speculation went on all day...most of it unprintable.
It's still in position this morning...I await further events with interest...





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Never a dull moment in your world Jean😅

Revjeanrolt said...

True....though there are days when a bit of "dull" would go down quite well!

UKViewer said...

We have had several accidents outside or near our house. One was a speeding car hitting my wifes car and taking the drivers door, right off - my wife was in the car at the time. Another drunk driver ran into the wall of the house opposite us, knocking it down, leaving the driver trapped. He stunk of alcohol when we got the door open and attempted to run away - fortunately, several of us detained him until the police arrived. Petrol all over the road and some stupid spectators lighting fags>>>>> Some strong words were spoken,needless to say.