Tuesday 20 March 2018

Getting sorted!

The sun is shining. There is one line of snow still sitting on top of the fir hedge running along the road outside. Several people have rung me to make sure I’m alright. I am.
The packing has started...but I spent far too much time yesterday searching for a nightie!
My favourite nightie has gone missing. As I wore it on the last cruise I can only assume it has found a new home on the Queen Elizabeth!
Getting all the nitty gritty sorted out before travelling is going to take time...but now I can say..."This time next week I shall be on my way!"
Digging out summer clothes always feels surreal during the packing process..
Once we set sail from Southampton it takes a couple of days sailing and then we are back in summer.
This is I admit one of the main joys.
Here I have arranged that the hole in my roof is going to be fixed before I go away....fingers crossed!
Every morning I go out to check that no more tiles have come off...so far so good but in my absence I need to be sure that I don’t come home to an even bigger problem!
So....there’s still a lot to do, helped by the stair lift .
I have people to see before I go so starting my car now it’s no longer shrouded in snow is vital.
I spent far too much time yesterday looking for essential items..so today I need to get on with it! The traffic is moving freely outside now...and it all looks very beautiful..and green! Thank you God.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

I found my nightie.....right at the bottom of the laundry basket where it has obviously been for some time! Argggggh

UKViewer said...

That's the problem with laundry baskets. You sort the washing into appropriate colours and fabrics and put the others back in and promptly forget the odd garment that doesn't fit into a convenient category.

I'm told there is a name for this the 'Odd Garment Syndrome" and most of us, unkowingly suffer from it.