Friday 16 March 2018

Gossip?


Having had a fairly balmy couple of days I was alarmed to hear the word "snow."again this morning. Here in subtropical Cornwall the advent of the last fall of snow is still shocking us!
The pictures of great piles of snow heaped up in St Mawes still shock!
I got snowed in!
What was common place in North Wales was shocking here...just two weeks ago nothing could get through apart from jeeps and four wheel drives...my Tesco delivery failed to arrive for a week!
I went to check my weather forecast fast. No snow is forecast for here....yet, but never again will I again take it for granted that we will remain snow free!
My gardener is due this morning and the last time he arrived on a Friday morning it was in the worst of the storm. When I got up he had cleared the snow from my paths which was very kind of him.
This morning the sun shines...and it’s very still outside...no ripples of wind are stirring my hedge...it is in fact tempting...I may well go out to have my morning coffee with the gardener in the summerhouse.
He knows me well enough now to share interesting news from the village...it’s not gossip.....of course it’s not...but I do find out some very interesting things on occasions...especially who has been seen out with who and which of the local pubs are busy!
His car will arrive in just five minutes...I’d better leave my bed!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I think that we talk about what is going on in a neighborly way, it's good to know what is happening locally, particularly if someone is unwell or has other problems, we can than pray for them.

And off course, we need to know of those issues which affect our security or well being. Being safe, particularly as we mature is important.

Bad weather confines many to their home, as walking on icy ground is a real hazard and fear for many, I came a cropper in the last ice, but managed to stop from a hard landing, by landing in a pile of snow. Wet bottom is preferable to a broken hip or other appendage, someone I know, fell and broke both wrists last winter, which was very inconvenient, as her spouse needed help with her care for a good few weeks, and he is in his eighties, a retired priest.