Tuesday 15 May 2018

Stay alert!

The attempts to get into my bank account get more inventive day by day.
Warnings of unusual activity on my account are coming in almost daily.
Unfortunately some of the warnings name the bank as one I’ve never had an account with.
I delete all such requests instantly.
I know some people have several different accounts but I don’t.
My first husband was a senior bank manager with Nat West which is now the Royal Bank of Scotland, a fact which must have him turning in his grave.
But I’ve only ever had one account.
I suppose that for the would be thief then sending out thousands of emails asking us to check our accounts in response to their "kind" warning must occasionally bring results but by this time we are all surely too aware of the dangers of putting any banking details on line.
It’s just one more tiresome niggle to negotiate almost daily.
I can’t believe anyone actually falls for it. I know that the first time I got a warning years ago I did start to check before realising the danger. Since then they have got more sophisticated but so have I..... mostly.
It must be worth their efforts I suppose but having gone through several emails pressing the delete button I can’t imagine anyone falling for it.
The daily warnings are simply small annoyances.
I like the fact that Apple have made it impossible to get into any accounts without using a finger print. This works for me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I wonder that your email provider doesn't automatically filter these spam messages out. Gmail certainly does.

But you are wise to being alert to these scams, it still surprises me that people respond to them?

Revjeanrolt said...

The latest are arriving on my mobile phone as text messages. The scammers are getting clever!